I’m having a lot of fun creating a bouquet of sunflower scrap pieces. Here is the second piece well under way.
I chose to use a square scrap for this one. Yes, those are a lot of pins. After stitching the pedals and seeds I was concerned about distortion so I blocked it. I used my little portable ironing board — it’s exactly the right size — and began by pinning the center two squares. I finished pinning on the outer edge. Then I steamed the heck out of it. These squares wouldn’t dare become misshapen now.
The remaining quilting is under serious consideration. What I can say is that it will be very different from the first sunflower scrap quilt. I want to use a variety of designs and sizes this time. Stay tuned.