It’s still raining and I finished the second Broken Ginkgos art quilt.
I thought I had everything figured out ahead of time for this small quilt. I had planned to use the orange fabric — the ‘broken’ element in this quit — for the binding. In fact, it was cut, prepared and ready to stitch on when I got a little twinge in the part of the brain that screams about color. Suddenly I knew it was the wrong thing to use. The dark cloud of indecision parked itself over my head. So I began auditioning alternate possibilities. When there were three good possibilities positioned next to three sides of the quilt I snapped a picture, downloaded it, cropped the picture and — viola! — the best contender stepped forward.
I’m pleased. This change in the weather could prove to be very helpful productivity-wise!